Sullerìa 2012 Red Blend Mamertino Rosso Riserva
2012 Red Blend
- Mamertino Rosso Riserva
- Mamertino di Milazzo
- International Wine Club Selection
- Gold Medal — Mostra Nazionale Vini
- 91 Points — Vini di Veronelli
- Vigña Sullerìa, Mamertino di Milazzo, Sicily
- 60% Nero d'Avola, 30% Syrah, 10% Nocera
- 12 months in oak, 12 months in bottle
- Enjoy Until
Produced in the Mamertino di Milazzo region, this red blend carries the distinguished 'Mamertino Rosso Riserva' designation which requires the wine to have been aged a minimum of 24 months (6 of which in oak barrels). Another rarity with this wine is the mention of the specific vineyard name where the grapes were grown - Sullerìa.
Typically, wines in Italy (and all of Europe) are de ned by their region and the labels rarely mention specific vineyard names - in this case, the Grasso family shows their pride for Sulleria by placing the name on the label. A blend of 60% Nero d'Avola, 30% Syrah, and 10% Nocera, this wine is deep ruby red in color with a bouquet of ripe fruit, irises, and spices. The palate is rich and well-balanced with a touch of oak on the finish.