Rockledge 2002 Primitivo
- Napa Valley
- Napa Valley AVA
- 93 Points — Wine Enthusiast
- Best of 2006 — Wine Enthusiast
- Editor's Choice — Wine Enthusiast
- 92 Points and Exceptional — Beverage Testing Institute
- Gold Medal — San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Gold Medal — Los Angeles County Fair Wine Competition
- 87% Primitivo, 13% Petite Sirah
- 10 months in oak
- Cases Produced
Rockledge Vineyard is located in the St. Helena AVA just east of the Silverado Trail in Napa Valley. This picture perfect Primitivo received 92 Points with an "Exceptional" rating from the Beverage Testing Institute -"Brilliant ruby red-violet hue. Tobacco, blackberry, sage, oregano and oak aromas. Medium full with excellent concentration, this offers ripe black fruits, a beautifully complex combination of herbs and spices and a well-structured finish with youthful tannins, lively acidity and nicely integrated oak. A star is born!"
A star indeed, winning a Gold Medal at the San Francisco International Wine Competition, and a Gold Medal at the Los Angeles County Fair Wine Competition, the Rockledge 2002 Primitivo is a stand out wine. Showing the spice, balance and structure of its Zinfandel cousin along with the welcome acidity and rustic nature of its Italian heritage this wine pairs extremely well with rich tomato based meat sauces, beef barbeque, and Mediterranean entrees.