Rockburn 2016 Pinot Noir
Featured in our Pinot Noir Wine of the Month Club
- New Zealand
- Double Trophy: Best International Wine (Imported) + Best New Zealand Wine — International Cool Climate Wine Show
- 97 Points + Platinum Medal — Decanter Asian Wine Awards
- 95 Points + 5 Stars — Bob Campbell, Master of Wine
- Gold Medal — Premium New Zealand Wine Selection
- Silver Medal — Decanter Wine Awards
- Silver Medal — Melbourne International Wine Competition
- Silver Medal (London) — International Wine Challenge
- Gold Medal — New Zealand Wine of the Year 2018
- Gold Medal — Sydney International Wine Competition
- Central Otago, New Zealand
- 100% Pinot Noir
- 10 months in French Oak
Rockburn's 2016 Pinot Noir is a beautiful wine, blending fruit from each of the winery's very unique vineyard sites in Gibbston and Lowburn, sub-regions of Central Otago, New Zealand. Winemaker Malcom Rees-Francis' "hands-off" approach delivers a pure expression of this region with an expressive nose and deeply fruited palate with vibrant notes of red and black cherry, rich mocha and supple, silky tannins leading into a very long finish. This wine shows classic Rockburn elegance, integrity, and balance.
The rock star of New Zealand's Central Otago winegrowing region, Rockburn Winery produces premium wines of intense varietal character and consistently captures Gold Medals and Trophy Awards for its efforts.
Named for the rugged, rock-strewn, burn-scarred landscape of Central O ...Read more...