SOLD OUTNiner Wine 2004 Sangiovese
Featured in our Gold Wine of the Month Club
- Paso Robles
- Central Coast AVA
- Double Gold Medal, Best of California & Best of Class — California State Fair
- Gold Medal — San Diego International Competition
- Gold Medal — International Eastern Wine Competition
- Gold Medal — Orange County Fair
- Gold Medal — Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Bootjack Ranch, Paso Robles AVA
- 93% Sangiovese, 7% Merlot
- Enjoy Until
Niner Wine Estates 2004 Sangiovese is reminiscent of an old-fashioned Italian field blend, notable for abundant aroma, and deep seductive flavors. This wine is also noteworthy for the numerous accolades [fifteen to be exact] it’s won. The 2004 Sangiovese ran away with a triple crown at the California State Fair Wine Competition by winning a Double Gold Medal, Best of California, and Best of Class. At the San Diego International Wine Competition, this impressive Sangiovese won a well-deserved Gold Medal amongst 3200 entrees. At the International Eastern Wine Competition, the 2004 won another Gold Medal and there’s still more... a Gold Medal at the Orange County Fair Wine Competition plus a Gold Medal at the LA International Wine and Spirits Competition. The wine earned Seven Silver Medals as well.
The 2004 Sangiovese is deep dark in color and the nose displays a bouquet of black fruit and well-integrated oak with a hint of licorice. Warm rich flavors of jammy blackberry and juicy cherry are accompanied by soft tannins and a subtle note of mint. The finish is dry and quite lengthy.