SOLD OUTMatetic 2012 Red Blend
Featured in our International Wine of the Month Club
- Corralillo - Chile Winemaker's Blend
- 93 Points — James Suckling
- 92 Points — Wine & Spirits Magazine
- 90 Points — Wine Enthusiast
- San Antonio Valley Region, D.O. San Antonio
- 48.5% Syrah, 25% Malbec, 25% Cabernet Franc, 1.5% Petite Verdot
- Enjoy Until
The Matetic 2012 Corralillo Winemaker's Blend brings together four varieties from the winery's top vineyards in the San Antonio Valley. Bright red in color with violet hues, the Winemaker's Blend offers aromas of deep red fruits along with cocoa and spices. It has a fairly full-bodied palate with nice complexity, balance, and round smooth tannins.
Each of the four grape varieties in the blend contributed different taste characteristics to the final wine - the delivers spiciness as well as violets and damp earth; the Malbec adds floral and berry notes; the Cabernet Franc gives the wine structure and tannins; and the Petite Verdot adds the final punch of structure.