Martinelli 2009 Syrah Zio Tony Ranch “Gianna Marie”
- Zio Tony Ranch “Gianna Marie”
- Sonoma County region
- Platinum Wine Club Selection
- 94 Points — Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate
- 94 Points — The Rhône Report
- 92 Points — Stephen Tanzer
- 91 Points — Wine Spectator
- Zio Tony Ranch Vineyard, Russian River Valley, Sonoma Valley
- 100% Russian River Syrah
- 12 months in oak
- Enjoy Until
Martinelli’s 2009 Zio Tony Ranch Syrah is an excellent expression of Russian River Valley Syrah and sets the bar high for other California producers. The Zio Tony Ranch Vineyard is named after Lee Martinelli Sr.’s uncle Tony, who was the first in the Bondi family to be born on American soil. The property was once an apple orchard, but today stands as a premium vineyard for small lots of Syrah, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
The 2009 Zio Tony Ranch Syrah is a rich, layered wine with plenty of power and flavor. Aromas of black currants, blueberries, Asian spice, and violets complement the voluptuous, concentrated palate of dark berry fruits, black currants, black pepper, anise and green olive. It finishes with considerable energy and focus.