SOLD OUTMartellotto 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
Featured in our Gold Wine of the Month Club
- La Bomba
- Santa Barbara County region
- 92 Points — Beverage Testing Institute
- 90 Points+ Gold Medal — Toast of the Coast San Diego Wine Competition
- Gold Medal — SF Chronicle Wine Competition
- Happy Canyon, Santa Barbara
- 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petite Verdot, 8% Cabernet Franc, 8% Malbec
- in French Oak
- Cases Produced
- Enjoy Until
As the name implies, the 2014 “La Bomba” (the bomb, in Italian) Cabernet Sauvignon intends to make quite a statement. Blending is the key here, creating a fruit focused wine that balances bright fruit, oak, and well-integrated tannins.
The Cabernet Sauvignon (76%) provides structure, black cherry fruit nuances and pepper flavors; the Petite Verdot (8%) adds dark blue fruits, baking spices, and vanilla flavors, and the Cabernet Franc (8%) brings an herbal component with oregano and thyme. Lastly, the Malbec (8%) is a purple monster of inky color and roasted meats to round out the blend.