LTU 2009 Malbec
- Mendoza region
- International Wine Club Selection
- 93 Points — Wine Enthusiast
- Editor's Choice — Wine Enthusiast
- 93 Points — James Suckling
- 92 Points — Wine Spectator
- La Consulta Vineyard, Uco Valley, Mendoza region
- 100% Malbec
- 24 months in oak
- Enjoy Until
The LTU 2009 Malbec comes from a single vineyard in La Consulta in the Uco Valley of Argentina's famed Mendoza region. The vines here are nearly twenty years old and perched at an impressive elevation of 3,000 feet where they are naturally irrigated with the snow melt water of the Andes Mountains.
LTU's 2009 Malbec is an outstanding example of the country's flagship varietal with wonderfully balanced complexity and concentration from start to finish. Intense violet in color, the 2009 Malbec opens with aromas of toasted fig, blueberry, black currant, tobacco and bittersweet cocoa. The palate mirrors the aromas with a rich texture and long, elegant finish.