SOLD OUTLockwood 1991 Chardonnay
Featured in our Gold Wine of the Month Club
- Partners' Reserve
- Monterey AVA
- 96 Points — Wine & Spirits Magazine
- 89 Points — Wine Spectator
- Platinum Medal — American Wine Competition
- Silver Medal — San Diego National Wine Competition
- Silver Medal — Orange County Fair
- Lockwood Vineyard, San Lucas - Monterey AVA
- 100% Chardonnay
- 12 months in French Oak
- Enjoy Until
A whopping 96 Points says Wine & Spirits magazine! "Near perfect harmony, elegance, and complexity. The nose invites with oak nuances, especially caramel, honey and buttered toast. A light aroma of apple is dusted with a sprinkling of brown spices and in the mouth there are hints of apricot and peach along with a zippy grapefruit tang. Rich and highly extracted with a high-acid finish that cleanses and whets the palate."
The Wine Spectator rates the wine a huge 89 Points, with tasting notes of: "Firm, tight and concentrated, with a beam of grapefruit and apple flavors at the core shaded by nutmeg, vanilla and butter overtones. Becomes richer and more interesting on the finish, which is a good sign."