Lavau 2012 Gigondas Red Blend
- Red Blend
- International Wine Club Selection
- 90 Points+ #72 in the Top 100 Wines of 2015 — Wine Spectator
- Gigondas AOC, Southern Rhône Valley region, France
- 50% Grenache, 40% Syrah, 10% Mourvedre
- 12 months, 30% in French Oak, 70% in vats
- Enjoy Until
This wine was produced from the steep, terraced hillsides of Gigondas, an appellation in the southern Rhône Valley of France. Wines produced from Gigondas are primarily red and very similar in style to the wines of the greater known (and usually much more expensive) Châteauneuf du Pape region. Gigondas wines offer a great value with high quality fruit and generally more reasonable price points than those of Châteauneuf du Pape.
Lavau's 2012 Gigondas, a blend of 50% Grenache, 40% Syrah, and 10% Mourvedre, features a dark, rich profile with high concentration and excellent balance. Characteristic notes of steeped plum, black licorice and graphite come through on the nose and palate.