Jeff Gordon 2005 Merlot
- Napa Valley AVA
- Platinum Wine Club Selection
- Best Merlot — Sommelier Challenge
- Best Merlot — International Wine Challenge
- Gold Medal — International Women’s Wine Competition
- Solari Vineyards, northern Napa Valley AVA
- 100% Merlot
- in oak
- Cases Produced
- Enjoy Until
Jeff Gordon’s 2005 Merlot comes from the Solari Vineyards, located at the northern end of the Napa Valley, close to Calistoga in the foothills of Mount St. Helena. This vineyard was planted in the foothills’ well-drained, rocky soils – perfect conditions for producing high quality Merlot.
Deep scarlet in color with rich purple hues, the Jeff Gordon 2005 Merlot offers aromas of dark fruits with hints of baked clay and vanilla spice. On the palate, flavors of dried cranberry, earth and cedar intertwine with rich, mouth coating, velvety tannins that are bracketed by firm acidity, giving this wine great structure and balance. Jeff Gordon’s 2005 Merlot has a wonderfully plush and lingering finish.