Ispiri 2009 Red Blend Maylena
2009 Red Blend
- Sonoma County region
- Platinum Wine Club Selection
- Best of Class — Sunset Magazine International Competition
- Gold Medal — Sunset Magazine International Competition
- 5 out of 5 Stars — Ronn Wiegand
- 90% Merlot, 6.5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3.5% Petit Verdot
- 28 months in oak
- Cases Produced
- Enjoy Until
The Ispiri 2009 Maylena is a Bordeaux-style blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot from the mountainous hillside regions of Sonoma County on Pine Mountain-Cloverdale Peak. These vineyards produce fruit with an incredible combination of varietal character, intensity, and finesse, the Merlot offers fruit-forward elegance, while the Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot provide the brawn and the power.
The Ispiri 2009 Maylena has smooth, luscious, dark plum flavors that are enhanced by earthy notes and subtle tannins. Layers of very berry fruit, black currant and sweet oak with a hint of licorice add bold dimensions to this complex wine.