SOLD OUTFrankland Estate 2011 Shiraz
Featured in our International Wine of the Month Club
- Isolation Ridge - Australia
- 95 Points — Australian Wine Competition
- 91 Points — Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate
- Gold Medal — Concours Mondial de Bruxelles Competition
- Frankland River Region, Australia
- 100% Shiraz
- 18 months in oak
- Enjoy Until
Frankland Estate's 2011 Isolation Ridge Vineyard Shiraz was produced from the Frankland River Region, located in the larger Great Southern region of Western Australia.
The wine is bright, deep plum in color with a complex and concentrated nose expressing soft, spicy, ripe plum notes with touches of mocha, brooding earthiness, and subtle floral characteristics. The palate has a nice intensity of flavor balanced by a vibrant acidity that gives direction and freshness to the wine. A nice core of Satsuma plum flavors lingers on the finish.
This wine is delicious and approachable now, but it has the structure and finesse to reward long-term cellaring as well.