SALEFort Ross 2011 Pinot Noir
Featured in our Pinot Noir Wine of the Month Club
- Sonoma Coast AVA
- 92 Points — Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate
- 90 Points — Wine Enthusiast
- Fort Ross-SeaView AVA, Sonoma Coast
- 97% Pinot Noir, 3% Pinotage
- 10 months in 100% French Oak
- Cases Produced
- Enjoy Until
Thankfully, the Pinot Noir thrives in the harsh environs of the Sonoma Coast. This Pinot Noir release includes a small (3%) blend of Pinotage. Fruit was handpicked at night and barreled in 15% new French Oak and 85% older French oak.
The appellation is the newly designated Fort Ross-SeaView AVA. Aromas of dark fruits and black tea with a hint of sage introduce the black cherry and raspberry flavors. The Pinotage adds subtle notes of spice and bramble. Some plum is apparent with whispers of nutmeg and vanilla.