Dragonette 2012 Red Blend MJM
2012 Red Blend
- Central Coast AVA
- Platinum Wine Club Selection
- 93 Points — Connoisseurs' Guide
- 92 Points — Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate
- 91 Points — Wine Spectator
- Santa Barbara County & Paso Robles AVA, Central Coast
- 95% Syrah, 4% Grenache, 1% Viognier
- 27 months in oak
- Cases Produced
- Enjoy Until
The 2012 MJM is Dragonette Cellars’ signature, Syrah-based blend, named in honor of Brandon, John, and Steve’s wives and co-conspirators in this winery venture (Mitchi, Jen, and Michelle). The wine attests to their belief that Syrah from cooler sites in Santa Barbara and Paso Robles make wines of extraordinary depth, aromatic complexity, elegance, and longevity, on par with those from the great growing regions of the world.
With fruit sourced from renowned sites on the Central Coast, this blend of 95% Syrah, 4% Grenache, and 1% Viognier is bold and dramatic with a beautiful concentration of complex, focused flavors. Deep, dark berry fruit notes mingle with rich oak and spice on a full-bodied, rounded palate with ripe tannins.