SOLD OUTDonati 2006 Chardonnay
Featured in our Gold Wine of the Month Club
- Estate Vineyard
- Monterey AVA
- Special Selection — Gold Medal Wine Club
- 100% Chardonnay
- Cases Produced
- Enjoy Until
The Donati 2006 Chardonnay was produced from a hillside vineyard in Paicines, California, just east of Monterey County. Achieving optimal fruit ripeness is essential with Central Coast Chardonnays, so Donati chose a specific vineyard on steeply sloped, southern exposed hills, allowing maximum sunlight to reach the slowly ripening grapes. This hillside vineyard’s small berries provided a good concentration of flavors and acidity, both essential elements in styling Chardonnay.
To give their 2006 Chardonnay a distinctive personality, Donati opted to age 80% of the lot in toasted French Oak barrels, giving the wine tremendous body and texture while imparting delicate levels of oak. The remaining 20% was fermented in stainless steel tanks, allowing the naturally vibrant fruit flavors to develop. The two separate lots were blended prior to bottling, giving the finished Chardonnay a wonderfully expressive character. Laced with just enough oak, the luscious fruit in Donati’s Chardonnay presents notes of pineapple and lemon custard perfectly balanced with delicious toasted oak notes.
Donati says “the 2006 Chardonnay is our finest version of this elegant wine to date!” Try pairing the Donati 2006 Chardonnay with herb-roasted chicken, grilled wild salmon or Dungeness crab cakes.
Enjoy this delicious entree from Theresa Rochioli with this month's Chardonnay or Pinot Noir!View Recipe
Coq au Vin Blanc (Chicken in White Wine Sauce)
An elegant and easy dinner to pair with your recent wine subscription shipment of Outlot 2019 Chardonnay!View Recipe
Salmone al Cartoccio (Salmon cooked in foil)
Tender, flavorful, and easy...this Italian salmon recipe has it all! Pair this with a glass of Chardonnay from your wine club shipment.View Recipe
Scallops with Cabbage and Capers
Easy and flavorful, this scallop dish pairs perfectly with the Porterhouse 2019 Chardonnay from your wine club delivery!View Recipe
Spinach Fettuccine with Sea Bass and Lemongrass-Coconut Cream Sauce
Chardonnay from your recent wine club shipment will shine when paired with this rich and tasty seafood pasta!View Recipe