CJ Pask 2007 Merlot Declaration - New Zealand
- Declaration - New Zealand
- New Zealand
- International Wine Club Selection
- 91 Points — Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate
- Gold Medal — NZ International Wine Show
- Gold Medal — World Wine Championships
- 100% Merlot
- 18 months in new oak
- Enjoy Until
CJ Pask's wines come from the Hawkes Bay winegrowing region on the North Island of New Zealand. The Declaration series of wines are only ever produced in exceptional vintages, and are harvested from select vines in the Gimblett Road vineyards.
The 2007 Declaration Merlot is rich and complex with intense aromas of plums and brambles, with a touch of mocha and spice. The palate is warm and ripe with blackberry fruits and subtle savory spice characters. Its firm yet velvety tannins are supported by a mouthfilling texture and fine oak.