Cholame 2012 Chardonnay
- Santa Barbara County region
- Platinum Wine Club Selection
- 95 Points — San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Double Gold Medal — San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Gold Medal — Long Beach Grand CRU
- La Presa Vineyard, Santa Ynez Valley AVA
- 100% Chardonnay
- 18 months in oak
- Enjoy Until
The Cholame 2012 Chardonnay comes from La Presa Vineyard in the Santa Ynez Valley, a 40-acre site perched on a gentle slope overlooking the Santa Ynez River. Winemaker Andres Ibarra has been managing La Presa Vineyard since 1985 and has produced many 90-plus rated wines from these world-class vines. Having the unique advantage of managing both the vineyard and the winemaking tasks allows Andres to have complete control and the ability to produce wines in his exact vision.
The Cholame 2012 Chardonnay is a tropical medley of fruit with notes of apple, citrus, vanilla, crème brulee, and almond. The finish is crisp, clean, and lingering with zing of lively citrus zest.