You must enable JavaScript®!
Gold Medal Wine Club
5330 Debbie Road, Suite 200
Santa Barbara, California 93111
Google+ Google Plus youTube YouTube Pinterest Pinterest Instagram Instagram
Welcome to Gold Medal Wine Club. America's Leading Independent Wine Club since 1992. Celebrating 20+ Years!
View AllView All Packages Package Code
Membership Rewards
Save $$$ in the wine store when you buy six or more wines-- combine any wine*, any series!

*Does not apply to Sale or Specials wines.

Iron Horse Vineyards - Sonoma County

champagne Special - 92 Points, Wine Enthusiasts

Cheers! We are pleased to feature a limited production, highly-rated selection from Sonoma’s highly acclaimed Iron Horse Vineyards. At this time, Iron Horse produces about 80% estate varietals and the other 20% is sparkling wine. The winery expects to continue at that ratio for a number of years in the future. Iron Horse has recently undergone a “massive” replanting, which began in 2005 and, in the words of Joy Sterling, “Iron Horse is actually part of a never ending program of replanting. When you finally get the first vines you have planted to ultimately reach fruition, it seems like you are ready to start all over again. For that reason we try and identify certain sections for replanting so that the overall fruit quality isn’t affected.

Luckily, we have a little over 110 acres to work with, so we have a bit of an advantage over the small growers in that regard.” Iron Horse is truly a family affair and it seems the trend will continue into the future. Joy is joined by her younger brother Laurence who is Iron Horse Vineyards’ director of operations, with primary regard for the company’s extensive vineyards.

Laurence’s daughter Justine is already involved with Iron Horse’s website and his other daughter Barrie is studying to become a master sommelier.

This iconic winery of northern California’s Russian River Valley has received such stunning accolades as being named one of the Top 100 International Wineries of the Year by Wine & Spirits in addition to being named an “American Icon” in a coffee table reference book published by Random House in July 2007 alongside American Express, Coca Cola, Harley Davidson, Ipod, Harvard University, the New York Yankees, and Tiffany.

Truly one of Sonoma’s most prestigious, small, independent, estate, family-owned wineries with success stories nothing short of inspiring, Iron Horse Vineyards has had an impressive beginning and holds an equally bright looking future.

The 2007 Ocean Reserve is a special cuvée created in partnership with National Geographic. For each bottle sold, Iron Horse Vineyards donates $4 to National Geographic’s Ocean Initiative, which establishes marine protected areas and supports sustainable fishing practices around the world. Who knew saving the planet could be so delicious!

  1. Iron Horse
    2007 Sparkling Wine
    Iron Horse
    Blanc de Blancs


    92 - Wine Enthusiast
    id: 1379
  2. champagne Indulgence
    Sparkling Wine
    champagne Indulgence
    Plus . . . Gourmet Chocolate Truffles


    2 Bottles - 92 Pt. champagne
    id: 573