Zuccini & Haloumi Fritters with Lemon MayonnaiseFeatured by Innocent Bystander in the International Wine Club.
A perfect (and easy!) way to impress guests or simply for a delicious dish at home! Pair it with the Pinot Gris from your recent International Wine Club box for best results.Yield: 14
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 2 zucchini (about 400gm), trimmed, coarsely grated
• 250 gm haloumi, diced (I use Pittas)
• 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
• ¼ cup each (firmly packed) parsley, mint and dill, finely chopped
• 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
To serve: lemon wedges
• 1½ tbsp lemon juice and 2 gratings of rind
• 2 egg yolks
• 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
• 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
1. For lemon mayonnaise, process lemon juice, rind and yolks in a food processor to combine. Gradually add oils in a thin stream until thick and emulsified, adding 1-2 tbsp water as mixture thickens. Season to taste and refrigerate (will keep for 2-3 days). Makes about 200ml.
2. Combine zucchini and haloumi in a bowl, add eggs, herbs and a pinch of salt, and mix well.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add heaped tablespoonfuls of zucchini mixture in batches and fry, turning occasionally and adding extra oil with each batch, until golden (3-4 minutes). Drain on absorbent paper, then serve warm with lemon wedges and lemon mayonnaise.
Recipe sourced from Gourmet Traveller.