Willey's Veggie & Grigio LinguineA featured Wine Club recipe for Serenity Vineyards.
Enjoy this refreshing meal with your favorite Pinot Grigio from your wine subscription box!Yield: 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 Leeks, washed and sliced
• 2 Yellow Peppers, stems removed, seeded and sliced into thick julienne
• 2 Red Peppers, stems removed, seeded and sliced into thick julienne
• 1/2 Cup Serenity Pinot Grigio
• 2 Tablespoons fresh Basil
• 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh Thyme
• 1 Cup Sun dried Tomatoes, soaked in wine until soft and pliable, cut into strips
• 1/2 Cup Calamata Olives, pitted and cut in half lengthwise
• 1/2 Pound Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbled at room temperature
• 1 Tablespoon crushed Black Pepper
• Sea Salt to taste
• 2 1/2 lbs. imported Linguine
• Freshly grated aged Parmesan cheese for the table
Heat Olive oil in a deep saute pan. Saute the leeks until they begin to soften. Add peppers and repeat process, lowering heat to medium. Once softened, add wine to pan and reduce wine until it is almost evaporated. Add herbs; sun dried tomatoes, olives, salt, and pepper to pan. Continue to cook for 5 minutes, turning heat down to low, allowing the flavors to blend.
Cook Linguine until al dente. Place the crumbled Gorgonzola in a large mixing bowl. Drain the pasta and quickly toss with the gorgonzola to melt and coat the linguine. Add half of the vegetable mixture and toss briefly. Place the pasta on plates and portion remaining vegetable mixture on top of each plate. Serve, immediately, and pass the Parmesan.
Recipe from Serenity Vineyards