Wild Mushroom Frittata with Asparagus and HerbsFeatured by Viansa Sonoma Winery - Santerra Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
Simple and delicious, this wild mushroom frittata is excellent served as breakfast, lunch or dinner! Serve with the Santerra Cellars 2000 Rosso featured in our Gold Wine of the Month Club is a perfect pairing.Yield: 6 - 8
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 100 Minutes
• 1 pint Shiitake mushroom caps, sliced thin
• 1 pint Crimini mushrooms caps, sliced thin
• 2 Portabella mushroom caps, sliced thin
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 4 each red potatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
• 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
• 2 cups Havarti cheese, grated
• 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
• 12 eggs
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 pinch nutmeg
• 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
• salt & white pepper to taste
Sauté the mushrooms in butter until fully cooked, chill and reserve.
Blanch the red potatoes in slated boiling water until tender, chill and reserve. Mix the eggs with milk, nutmeg, thyme, salt and pepper. Line a 3" deep cake pan with parchment paper. Line the bottom of the pan with blanched potatoes to cover. Layer in the asparagus, then top with sautéed mushrooms, spread evenly. Evenly spread the grated cheese on top of the mushrooms. Pour in the egg mixture then garnish with sliced tomatoes floating on top.
Bake frittata in a 300º F oven for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the egg has set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before cutting for service.