Wild Mushroom and Burrata ToastsFeatured by Carol Shelton Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
This recipe includes Shiitake & Cremini mushrooms but if you have another wild mushroom you prefer then you may swap them out of the recipe. Enjoy this earthy and rich appetizer with a glass of Carol Shelton Pinot Noir!Yield: 6 - 8
• 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered
• 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 16 slices of peasant bread (from a long loaf), about 1/3 inch thick
• 1 pound burrata cheese, cut into 16 slices
1. In a large bowl, toss the quartered mushrooms with the minced garlic, chopped rosemary, finely grated lemon zest and the 1/2 cup of olive oil together until well mixed and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
2. In a large frying pan, pour your mushroom mix with the oil over medium-high heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally until the mushrooms are browned, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Brush the sliced bread with oil and place on a grill to toast. If you do not have a grill, then use a pan on the stove to toast your oiled slices. This should only take about 1 minute on each side to get perfect little toasts.
4. Top the toasts with the mushrooms and a slice of burrata and serve.