Tilapia Tacos and Mango SalsaFeatured by Cardella Winery in the Gold Wine Club.
The perfect accompaniment to Cardella Albariño that was featured in your recent Gold Wine Club shipment!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
For the Tilapia:
• Street size corn tortillas
• 3 or 4 medium size Tilapia fillets
• Garlic powder, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper and chili powder
• Olive oil
For the Mango Salsa:
• 2 large mangoes, diced
• 2 large jalapeños, diced
• 3/4 large red onion, diced
• 1 large red bell pepper, diced
• 2 bunches of cilantro, chopped
• Lime or Lemon juice, freshly squeezed (6 limes/3 large lemons)
• Salt and pepper to taste
For the Mango Salsa: In a large bowl, add mangoes, jalapeños, red onion, red bell pepper and cilantro. Cut and squeeze lime or lemon over the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let ingredients rest for ten minutes.
For the Tilapia: Heavily season the fillets with garlic powder, salt and pepper (freshly ground), cayenne pepper and chili powder. Add olive oil to the pan and heat to medium-high. Cook the fillets for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove the fillets and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Heat the tortillas in a pan on medium heat with just enough olive oil to coat the pan. Cook until warm and soft. Remove the tortillas and place in a tortilla warmer. Serve the tacos with mango salsa. Enjoy!
Recipe provided by Cardella Winery.