Thai-Style Halibut with Coconut-Curry BrothA featured Wine Club recipe for Wrath Wines - EX Wines.
Pair this light seafood dish with a refreshing glass of Chardonnay!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
• 4 shallots, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
• 2 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste, or 2 teaspoons curry powder
• 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 1/2 cup light coconut milk
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon, plus more for seasoning
• 4 (6-ounce) pieces halibut or other meaty white fish fillet, skin removed
• Steamed spinach**
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 scallions, green part only, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 cups cooked rice, for serving
1. Steam or microwave 5 cups of washed baby spinach for 2 minutes
2. In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer until reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes.
3. Season the fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Arrange the fish in the pan and gently shake the pan so the fish is coated with the sauce. Cover and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 7 minutes.
4. Place a mound of rice in the bottom of 4 soup plates or wide shallow bowls. Top with the fish fillets. Arrange a serving of spinach alongside the rice. Stir the cilantro, scallions, and lime juice into the sauce and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Ladle the sauce over the contents of the bowl.
Recipe was sourced from Ex Wines