Thai Dumplings with Peanut Dipping SauceA featured Wine Club recipe for Comanche Cellars - Dog & Pony.
These Thai Chicken Dumplings are easy to make and pair flawlessly with a glass of Negrette from your latest shipment.Yield: 18
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
For the Dumplings:
• 15-20 round dumpling wrappers or wonton wrappers
• 8 ounces fresh chicken breast
• 1/4 C finely diced red pepper
• 1/4 C finely chopped peanuts
• 1/2 C diced red cabbage
• 1/4 chopped cilantro
• 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
• 2 tsp sesame oil
For the Dipping Sauce:
• 2 Tbsp peanut butter
• 1 Tbsp green onions, diced
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 1/4 C rice vinegar
• 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
• 1 tsp chopped garlic
1. In a mixing bowl, combine red pepper, peanuts, cabbage, cilantro, garlic and sesame oil.
2. Allow to sit while finely chopping chicken breast (the finer you can chop it the better).
3. Add chicken to mixing bowl and combine well.
4. Place 1 tbsp of mixture in center of wrap and wet the outer edge with a wet finger. Fold wrapper together as instructed on wrapper package.
5. To cook, heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in large skillet and place dumplings in pan and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
6. Add 1/4 C water, cover immediately with lid, and cook for 5-6 minutes to steam dumplings.
To make dipping sauce:
1. combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix.
2. Serve dumplings garnished with green onions and dipping sauce.