Tarragon Chicken SaladFeatured by Rütz Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
The combination of the tarragon and apples does a tasty job of complimenting the chicken. Pair it with a Chardonnay from your Wine Club shipment for best results!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 2 whole boned & skinned chicken breasts (1/2 breast per person)
• 2 chilled Granny Smith apples
• 4 ribs of celery
• ¼ cup capers
• 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
• ½ cup whole grain Dijon mustard
• 3 tablespoons white wine or tarragon vinegar
• Pinch of salt and lots of fresh ground pepper
Poach chicken breast, cool and cut-up into bite sized cubes. Cut celery lengthwise into large dice. Mix last four ingredients in recipe for dressing. Core (skin on) apples cut into bit sized cubes. Fold together all ingredients, reserving some of capers for garnish.
Note: To poach chicken, place in a pan and cover with cold water Bring to a boil, cover and immediately remove from heat and let sit for 15 - 20 minutes.
Recipe provided by Rütz Cellars.