Summerland Cabernet Braised Short RibsFeatured by Summerland Winery in the Platinum Wine Club.
This short rib recipe is decadent and definitely one to try with you Wine of the Month Club shipment! Pair it with a Cabernet Sauvignon for the perfect match.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 160 Minutes
Serving Size: 10 ounces
• 3 to 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs (4 large short ribs)
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound small parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
• 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
• 1 medium onion, peeled and cubed
• 1 garlic bulb, peeled and sectioned
• 1 tablespoon flour
• 1 (750 ml) bottle Summerland Cabernet Sauvignon
• 1 (14-1/2 oz) can reduced sodium beef broth
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Working in batches in a large pot, cook in oil on medium-high heat until well browned.
Remove from pot and set aside. Add parsnips, carrots, onion and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute more. Add Summerland Cabernet Sauvignon, broth and Dijon to pot, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
Return short ribs to the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer over low heat, covered but with the lid cracked, for 2 hours. Remove cover and simmer over medium-high heat for 30 minutes.
Season to taste with thyme, salt and pepper. Serve over soft polenta or mashed potatoes.