Steamed Mussels With Venison Chorizo & Smoked PaprikaFeatured by VineCrest Fine Barossa Wine in the International Wine Club.
This is a wonderful dish to serve as an appetizer or alongside your favorite seafood meal! Serve with an Australian Shiraz.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 12 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• Olive Oil
• 4 Garlic Cloves (Sliced)
• 1 Venison Chorizo (Sliced)
• 2 1/2 Pounds Live Green Lipped Mussel (De-Bearded)
• 1/2 Jar Char-Grilled Capsicum
• 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Sweet Paprika
• 1/2 Cup Tinned Cannellini Bean
• Dry White Wine
• 3 tablespoons Continental Parsley (Roughly Chopped)
Heat a large pot with a little olive oil. Add the garlic and chorizo and fry for 30 seconds, and then add the mussels, capsicums, paprika, beans and a splash of wine. Add a tight fitting lid & steam until the mussels open, stirring a couple of times. To serve, spoon into a large serving bowl and finish with the parsley.