Steak Tips with Mushroom SauceA featured Wine Club recipe for Wrath Wines - EX Wines.
Pair these wonderful steak bites with a Pinot Noir!Yield: 2
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
• 1 ½ pounds sirloin steaks (or tenderloin tips, if available)
• ½ package of mushrooms, destemmed and cut into ¼” pieces
• ½ cup white onion, diced
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 tbsp flour
• ½ cup crispy onion topping (can be found next to salad dressings)
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut steak into 1 ½” – 2” chunks. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and cook until well browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a holding dish and keep warm.
2. Add white onion pieces to skillet and saute until clear. Add butter and when melted, add mushrooms and saute until all the liquid has been absorbed. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir until evenly coated. Slowly add heavy cream, stirring while adding to prevent lumps. Cook over medium heat until boiling, stirring occassionally. Lower heat to a simmer and cook another 2-3 minutes until cream has thickened. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place steak tips on plate and top with crispy onion topping. Pour mushroom-cream sauce over meat and serve with choice of vegetable and salad.
Recipe sourced from Ex Wines