Steak Au Poivre (Peppered Steak)Featured by J. McClelland Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
A wonderful comfort food to pair with Lost Chapters Cabernet Sauvignon from your latest subscription box.Yield: 2
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
• 2 filet mignon or strip steaks, 1 inch thick
• 2 tablespoons peppercorns
• 2 teaspoons salt
• ¼ cup butter
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons brandy or cognac
• Cast iron skillet
1. Crush the peppercorns coarsely.
2. Press both sides of the steaks into the crushed pepper and work it into the meat.
3. Put an uncovered cast iron skillet over high heat and sprinkle the bottom with salt.
4. When the salt begins to brown, put in the steaks, lower the heat to medium and turn when done on one side.
5. In a separate pan, melt the butter and stir in the Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
6. When the steaks are done on both sides, drain off the pan drippings and pour the butter mixture over the steaks.
7. For the finishing touch, pour warmed brandy or cognac over the steaks and light carefully!
From Natalie Scotto's dinner table to yours!