Spinach & Artichoke Orzo with ChickenA featured Wine Club recipe for Entrepreneur Wines.
Pair this delicious chicken and orzo recipe with a glass of Pinot Noir!Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 2 chicken breasts
• Kosher salt and pepper
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tablespoons butter
• 1 shallot
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 cup orzo pasta
• 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 4 ounces cream cheese
• 1 8.5-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts
• 3 cups spinach leaves
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the flour and garlic powder in a shallow bowl and coat the chicken pieces in the flour.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden, about 3-5 minutes per side. Add 1 TBSP butter and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
3. Add the remaining 1 TBSP butter to the now empty skillet. Once melted, add the artichokes. Cook undisturbed for 2 minutes or until golden. Set aside with the chicken.
4. Add the shallots, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the empty skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add the orzo. Cook another 2 minutes.
5. Add the broth and wine and bring to a simmer, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until orzo is just shy of al dente, about 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the cream cheese until melted and combined. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Stir in lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Nestle the chicken and artichokes in the orzo and simmer for 5 minutes, or until warmed through. Enjoy!
Recipe sourced from Platings and Pairings