Spice-Rubbed Grilled Pork ChopsFeatured by Fiddlehead Cellars in the Platinum Wine Club.
Juicy pork chops with a delicious spice rub and cooked to perfection. Pair this with a glass of Pinot Noir! **Prepare the dry rub at least 1 hour before grilling.Yield: 6 - 8
Prep Time: 90 Minutes
Cook Time: 18 Minutes
Pork Chop Willy's Grilling Rub:
• 3 tablespoons sweet paprika, preferably Spanish
• 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon coarse salt, either kosher or sea salt
• 3/4 teaspoon sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
• 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
• 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
• Six to eight 10- to 11-ounce bone-in pork rib chops, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
• Vegetable oil spray
At least 1 and up to 8 hours before you plan to grill the pork chops, prepare the dry rub, combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Coat the chops with the spice mixture, place them in a large plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate.
Fire up the grill, bringing the heat to medium (4 to 5 seconds with the hand test). Remove the chops from the refrigerator and let them sit covered at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Spray the chops with oil and transfer them to the grill.
Grill for 18 to 20 minutes total. Turn onto each side twice, rotating the chops a half turn each time to get criss-cross grill marks. The chops are done when just a hint of pink remains at the center. Serve hot.
Recipe sourced from Epicurious.com.