SosatiesFeatured by Adventure Package: South Africa in the International Wine Club.
A classic part of South African BBQ - these marinated kebabs are delicious! Pair with the GSM from your International Wine Subscription.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1/4 onion
• 1 clove garlic grated or finely chopped
• 1 tsp ginger (fresh) grated or finely chopped
• 3 tbsp apricot jam
• 3 tbsp wine vinegar (white or red - I used white)
• 1 tbsp curry powder (eg Madras)
• 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
• 1/4 tsp salt
For rest of skewers:
• 1 lb lamb leg diced, can also use shoulder cut
• 16 apricots
• 1/2 onion
1. Finely chop the onion then soften it in a little oil in a small pan until it becomes translucent but not browning.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and cook a minute then add the vinegar, jam, curry powder, cumin and salt. Mix well then remove from heat and leave to cool.
3. Dice the lamb into relatively large dice (around 1 ½-2 inch/ 4-5cm dice), trimming excess fat or sinew. Mix the cooled marinade through the lamb then cover and leave a few hours or overnight, refrigerated.
4. Soak the apricots in hot water to soften for around 15-20 minutes.
5. Thread the meat onto skewers along with the soaked dried apricots and chunks of onion, putting one or other between each chunk of meat.
6. Cook on a grill/bbq until the meat is cooked through, then serve.
Recipe sourced from Caroline's Cooking