Slow Cooked Pulled Pork SandwichFeatured by Trinitas Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
enjoy this deliciously hearty sandwich with a glass of your favorite Petite Syrah from your wine club box. Cheers!Yield: 8
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 360 Minutes
• 1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
• 1 (4 Pound) Pork Shoulder Roast
• 1 Cup Barbeque Sauce
• ½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
• ½ Cup Chicken Broth
• ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar
• 1 Tablespoon Prepared Yellow Mustard
• 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
• 1 Extra Large Onion, chopped
• 2 Large Cloves Garlic, crushed
• 1 ½ Teaspoons Dried Thyme
• 8 Hamburger Buns, split
• 2 Tablespoons Butter, or as needed
Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbeque sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices. Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon pork into the toasted buns and enjoy!