Shrimp with Mole PipianFeatured by Adventure Package: Mexico in the International Wine Club.
Shrimp never tasted so good...try it with a new Baja California twist with Mole Pipian! Pair it with the Grenache Blanc from you International Wine Club shipment.Yield: 2
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 1 pound peeled and de-veined shrimp
• 1/2 Jar Mole Pipian From Hernán; about 3.5 ounces (from your Adventure Package)
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 ears corn
• 1 14.5 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
• 1/2 lemon juiced
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 1 Can light beer
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, for topping
1. In a small saucepan, add drained black beans, beer, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, and about 1 teaspoon of salt. Place over low medium heat and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook about 20 minutes, adding additional beer or chicken broth as needed.
2. While the beans are cooking, prep the shrimp. Place shrimp into a bowl and add juice of half a lemon, olive oil, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
3. Next, microwave the two ears of corn still in their husks for about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Next, prep the mole sauce. Add about 1/2 a jar of the mole pipian to a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Add about 1 cup of chicken broth. Stir with wooden spoon until smooth. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
5. Heat up grill to medium-high heat. Add corn first and cook about 5-10 minutes until slightly charred on all sides. Next - cook shrimp (I recommend using skewers or a grill pan if you are using smaller shrimp so they don't fall through the grates) about 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Serve grilled shrimp over mole pipian sauce and top with black beans, charred corn, and chopped cilantro.
Recipe sourced from themigonikitchen.com