Scheid's Salmon BakesFeatured by Scheid Vineyards in the Gold Wine Club.
Serve and watch the compliments roll in. Make a salad with light vinaigrette while the salmon bakes and in a few minutes you’ll have a tasty, healthy dish the whole family will enjoy. Pair it with the Scheid 2013 Pinot Noir.Yield: 2
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1 large salmon filet, 2 lbs. (skin on)
• 1 large shallot, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 5 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
• 1 lemon, cut in half
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• Sea salt (or Kosher salt)
• Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400° and generously grease a glass baking dish with olive oil. Place salmon filets skin-side down on the foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, mix the shallot, herbs, olive oil and juice from half the lemon.
Thinly slice the other half of the lemon into rounds. Place on salmon in a row across the top. Gently spoon the herb mixture on top of lemon and pat to cover filet evenly. Bake for 10 - 11 min or just until the salmon is cooked (you can check by inserting the tip of a small knife into the center).