Scallops MascarponeA featured Wine Club recipe for Kessler-Haak Vineyards.
A light seafood dish that pleases the taste buds and the eyes! Pair it with your latest Pinot Noir Wine Club shipment!Yield: 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 1 (16 oz) package medium shell pasta
• 6 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1 (10 ounce) package sliced fresh button mushrooms
• 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 lb scallops, rinsed and patted dry
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
• 2 tablespoons butter
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 7 to 9 minutes, until al dente
2. Melt 6 tablespoons of butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix in the parsley and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and asparagus and season with salt, pepper and onion powder; cook, stirring occasionally until asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes depending on the thickness. Place the scallops in the pan, and cook briefly on each side until lightly browned and the center is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. remove from the heat when scallops are just finished.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, mascarpone cheese and remaining butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sauce is warm and butter is completely melted and blended in. Stir the sauce into the scallops and vegetables along wit the pasta and serve immediately.
Recipe sourced from AllRecipes.com