Scallop Salad with Mango DressingFeatured by Barnwood Vineyards in the Gold Wine Club.
Fresh, light, healthy and fruity! This scallop salad with mango dressing is amazing paired with a Sauvignon Blanc.Yield: 4 First Course Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
• Pinch of crushed red pepper
• 1 teaspoon high quality curry powder
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 small shallot, minced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1 small, ripe mango-peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
• 1 pound sea scallops
• 2 tablespoons peanut oil
• 6 cups packed arugula leaves (3 ounces)
• 4 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
• 1/2 cup jicama, peeled and julienned
In a small bowl, mix curry powder and crushed red pepper with olive oil, vinegar, shallot and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in mango. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the peanut oil until shimmering. Add the scallops and cook over high heat, turning once, until browned (about two minutes per side). Transfer the seared scallops to a large plate.
In a large bowl, combine the arugula, tomatoes and jicama. Add half of the mango dressing and toss well. Mound the arugula salad on plates and arrange the seared scallops on top. Drizzle the scallops with the remaining mango dressing and serve at once.