Savory Summer Lamb KabobsFeatured by Dalliance - High Valley Vineyard in the Gold Wine Club.
This recipe provided by Dalliance is a superb combination of savory lamb and spices. Pair it with the Dalliance 2016 Red Wine from your recent wine of the month club shipment.Yield: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 240 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1 1/2 lbs lamb sirloin roast, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
• Savory Summer Marinade (recipe follows)
• 1 small onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
• 12-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water
Savory Summer Marinade:
• 1/2 cup dry red wine or orange juice
• 1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
• 3 Tbs grape jelly
• 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
• 3 cloves garlic, mined
• 2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
• 2 tsp dried marjoram leaves, crushed
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tsp seasoned salt
• 1 tsp finely chopped ginger root
In a medium bowl, blend marinade ingredients. Add lamb cubes; cover, refrigerate and marinate 4 to 24 hours. Mix several times. Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade. Thread on skewers, alternating meat, onion, and bell pepper.
Cook lamb 4 inches from heat source. Broil for 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness: 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium, or 170 degrees for well done.
Cook lamb over medium-hot coals. Grill 4 inches over coals for 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees.
Recipe provided by Dalliance.