Saute D' Agneau (Lamb Shanks)Featured by Tour De L'Isle in the International Wine Club.
• 4 Lamb Shanks
• 4 Small-Medium Onions
• 1 Teaspoon Thyme
• Bay Leaf
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
• Brown the Lamb Shanks in a skillet (no shortening).
• Remove the shanks and place in a Dutch Oven.
• In the skillet, brown the onions in the remaining fat and add the
onions to the shanks in Dutch Oven.
• Add to the Dutch Oven: Thyme, Bay Leaf, and salt and pepper
• Cover and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes stirring
• Serve with tomatoes Provencales and mashed potatoes.
• This dish can be elaborated by adding vegetables (potatoes,
peas, baby artichokes or eggplant) halfway through the cooking.