Sausage and Pecorino PastaFeatured by Castoro Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
Quick and easy, this pasta will be a hit! With Italian sausage and Pecorino cheese, served over fettuccine it will become a commonly requested dinner. Pair with the Castoro 2011 Red Blend. Enjoy this recipe with almost any of the heavier red wines from our Gold Wine of the Month Club.Yield: 6 generously
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serving Size: 12 onces
• 3 Tbs. olive oil
• 3 Tbs. red onion, minced
• 1 lb. robust Italian Sausages (usually about 5)
• 6 large, fresh sage leaves, torn into small pieces
• ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, minced
• 8 oz. Pecorino cheese, coarsely grated
• salt & freshly ground pepper
• small splash of PasoFusion wine
• one pound of thick-cut fettuccine or penne pasta
Sauté the onions with the olive oil in a heavy pan until soft, about 10 min. Peel the casing off the sausages and crumble the meat as fine as practical. Add the sausage meat to the pan and cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Add the torn sage and cook 5 more minutes while gently stirring.
Stir in the parsley, some salt and a good bit of ground pepper. Increase heat briefly and stir in the wine. Reduce the heat and stir in the cheese; then quickly move the pan off the stove. Taste to adjust salt and pepper and serve over thick-cut fettuccine or penne pasta.