Salmon ChowderFeatured by Vidon Vineyard in the Pinot Noir Wine Club.
A wonderful pairing to Vidon 2015 Pinot Noir from your latest Wine Club package.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1/2 cup each chopped celery, onion and green pepper
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
• 1 cup uncooked diced peeled potatoes
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
• 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
• 2 cups half-and-half cream
• 1-3/4 to 2 cups fully cooked salmon chunks or 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, flaked, bones and skin removed
• In a large saucepan, saute celery, onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until the vegetables are tender. Add broth, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper and dill; bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are nearly tender. Stir in the corn, cream and salmon. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe by Taste of Home: Josephine Parton