Ropa Vieja (Grbanzo Beans with Shredded Meat)Featured by Adventure Package: Canary Islands in the International Wine Club.
Try your hand at this amazing and traditional Canary Islands recipe! Pair it with a bottle of Listán Blanco from our International Wine of the Month Club.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
• 1 C Sofrito (a sautéed mixture of diced onion, peppers, celery, carrots, rosemary and garlic in generous amount of olive oil)
• ¼ C crushed cumin, parsley, black pepper and saffron (optional).
• 1 lb Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
• ½ lb cooked pork, shredded
• ½ lb stewed beef, shredded
• ½ lb cooked chicken meat, shredded
• 1 C leftover roasted potatoes
1. Prepare the sofrito in a frying pan.
2. Crush the cumin, parsley, pepper and saffron with a pestle and mortar.
3. Add the spice mixture to the sofrito and stir well.
4. Add the chickpeas, pork, beef, chicken and potatoes.
5. Mix everything well, cook until heated through. Season with sea salt.
Enjoy with a glass of El Lomo 2018 Listán Blanco!
Recipe from Tenerife Tourism Board