Roasted Vegetable FlatbreadFeatured by La Follette Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
This Roasted Vegetable Flatbread is perfect for entertaining and has a delicious variety of vegetables such as portobello mushrooms which pairs perfectly with Pinot Noir.Yield: 2
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 1 bag homemade or store-bought pizza dough
• 2 tbsp olive oil divided
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1 portobello mushroom
• ½ medium zucchini
• 7-8 sundried tomato slices
• ½ red onion sliced
• ½ yellow pepper sliced
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
• 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
• ½ tsp fresh rosemary chopped
• ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Roll pizza dough out flat and fit onto a pizza stone (which must be preheated in the oven beforehand) or a regular oven sheet. Brush with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt & pepper, topping with fresh garlic. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, slice the vegetables. Add vegetables to a non-stick baking sheet, seasoning with salt and pepper and drizzling remaining tbsp of olive oil over top. Roast in the oven for 5 minutes.
4. Once dough is finished, remove from oven and add ricotta cheese as the first layer, then add vegetables, herbs & other cheeses.
5. Cook for another 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and pizza dough is fully cooked. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe sourced from La Follette Winery.