Roasted LambFeatured by Bodegas Resalte de Penafiel in the International Wine Club.
Succulent and delicious lamb that would pair best with the Tempranillo in your latest Wine Club shipment.Yield: 8 - 10
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 80 Minutes
• 8 pounds of lamb (preferably baby lamb)
• Salt to taste
• Olive Oil
• Preferred seasoning for lamb
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the lamb into serving size pieces and season before placing into a cooking pot. Traditionally, a clay pot is used, but any type will do.
3. Pour/rub a small amount of olive oil onto each piece of lamb and add water to the pot (no more than 1/2 inch high).
4. When the lamb is in the oven, change its temperature to low heat. This dish needs, above all, time and patience - check from time to time on the water level in the pot to be sure it won’t completely evaporate.
5. When the lamb looks semi-roasted (usually after about 1 hour), take it out of the oven and flip each piece of meat so they cook evenly.
6. Place the cooking pot back in the oven and allow lab to roast until it appears completely finished. Again, check on the water level periodically. Add additional water if necessary.
7. Serve the lamb with a simple side salad of lettuce, tomato and onion with an oil/vinegar based dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe sourced by Bodegas Resalte de Penafiel