Roasted Duck Legs & PotatoesFeatured by Andis Wines - Painted Fields in the Gold Wine Club.
Seasoned and roasted to perfection, you'll be enjoying this duck recipe down to the last bite! Try pairing it with the Andis 2013 Grenache.Yield: 2
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 100 Minutes
• 2 duck legs
• 2 baking potatoes or 1lb other large, white-skinned potatoes
• Few sprigs of fresh thyme
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On the stove, heat a small roasting pan and sear the duck legs, skin-side down over medium heat until the skin turns golden and gives out some oil.
2. Turn the legs over, and take the pan off the heat while you cut the potatoes into 1-inch slices across, then cut each slice into 4. Arrange these potato pieces around the duck legs, then let a few sprigs of thyme fall over the duck and potatoes, and season with salt and pepper, before putting into the preheated oven.
3. Cook for 2 hours, occasionally turning the potatoes for optimal outcome, which is tender duck legs and crispy potatoes, though both will be ready to eat after 1.5 hours.
4. Leftovers: If you have even a small amount of meat left, you could bag and mark it up and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months for future use. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Recipe provided by Andis Wines via Nigella Lawson - Food Network.