Roast Chicken with Porcini MushroomsFeatured by Contrada in the Gold Wine Club.
Mouthwatering chicken roast baked with herbs and garlic, drizzled with sauce and porcini mushrooms. Yum! Pair with the Contrada 2004 Sauvignon Blanc.Yield: 1 Chicken
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 95 Minutes
• 1 large roasting chicken rinsed and dried (around 5 pounds)
• 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
• 1/2 cup Contrada Sauvignon Blanc
• 1 ounces dry porcini mushrooms, rinsed and soaked in 1/2 cup of hot water for 20 minutes.
• 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
• Salt & pepper taste
• Rosemary & sage sprigs for garnish, optional
Heat Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic cloves and brown for 3 minutes. Season chicken inside and out with salt & pepper. Remove garlic and place chicken, breast side up in pot. Brown bird on all sides, around 10 minutes. Be careful not to let chicken stick to pan. Remove chicken and drain off fat.
Add white wine and deglaze pan. Add mushrooms and half of soaking liquid. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Return chicken to pot and cover.
Sprinkle fresh herbs over chicken. Cook until juices run clear, around 1 hour. Baste bird during cooking process. Remove chicken, turn heat up and add butter. Reduce to sauce consistency and pour over chicken. Serve with roasted root vegetables.