Rigatoni with Lemon Ricotta Cheese Sauce, Peas and SausageFeatured by MoonWalker Cellars in the Gold Wine Club.
Simple and quick, this rigatoni recipe turns an ordinary meal into something warm, cheesy and comforting while delivering the best combination of flavors. Pair with the MoonWalker 2013 Chardonnay.Yield: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 1 lb. Rigatoni pasta
• 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese, well drained
• 1 1/2 lb ground sausage or sausage links
• 1 tsp. sea salt
• 1/2 tsp. fresh pepper
• 2 Tbs. freshly grated lemon zest (from 2 large lemons)
• 1/2 cup frozen peas, cooked per package instructions
• 1 Tbs. butter
• 1/3 cup pasta cooking water
• 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmigiana Reggiano
In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, salt and pepper. Brown ground sausage for 10 minutes over medium-high heat until cooked through. You can add onion and/or garlic to taste. Or, cook sausage links per your preference and coarsely dice.
Cook pasta per package directions in salted water in a large pot. Drain pasta and reserve 1/3 cut of the cooking water. Return pasta to pot. Add butter and reserved cooking water. Stir. Add ricotta mixture, lemon zest, and peas. Stir.
Serve pasta into bowls. Top with sausage. Add grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to taste.
Recipe provided by MoonWalker Cellars.