Red Hill Meat LoafFeatured by Red Hill Reserve Wines in the Gold Wine Club.
Enjoy a tasty version of your classic meatloaf! Pair with a Merlot straight from your wine of the month box. Cheers!Yield: 3
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/2 cup oatmeal (quick type)
• 1 small onion, chopped fine *
• 1 clove garlic, pressed
• 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
• 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce, divided
• 3 tablespoons Red Hill Merlot
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1 egg, beaten
Combine all ingredients, using only three-fourths of the tomato sauce. Shape into a greased loaf pan and pour remaining tomato sauce over loaf. Bake for 1 hour at 350º. * Instead of the chopped onion, half package of Lipton Onion Soup mix may be used. If you use the soup mix, reduce the amount of salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
Recipe sourced from Red Hill Winery.